Maybe it’s because it sounds French, and something sportif, that I’d even like “crocheting.” Actually, my French-named daughter learned this craft in girl scouts and I told her to look up more detailed instruction online. Once she watched a few tutorials, came back with the basic skills to produce a beannie and other useful items, I was amazed. I read that kids can gain from the creativity and cognitive process of these repetitive patterns.
So for educational value, I was “hooked” ~ that’s dorky, I know.
So far I yarned up a few useful things: winter beanies, cutest crochet animals, and increasingly popular with the caffeine addicts – crochet coffee sleeves!
- Easy Crochet Projects (craftzine.com)
- Sticks, Hooks and the Mobius: Knit and Crochet Go Cerebral (feministphilosophers.wordpress.com)
Glad I’ve linked to others who have the same love for the glove.
- Winter Chic: Mittens, Gloves & Handwarmers (theprettydish.com)
- The Look For Less: Alexander McQueen Fingerless Gloves (fabsugar.com)
- Wouldn’t It Be Gloverly? (cocktailsandcrinolines.wordpress.com